The crux of this psalm, for me, are verses 11 & 12:
11 Give us aid against the enemy,
for the help of man is worthless.
12 With God we will gain the victory,
and he will trample down our enemies.
It reminds me that when I face struggles, though my friends may give me good advice, it’s God to whom I must turn and rely on the most. That’s not to say that God won’t tell me that so-and-so could help me out, or put a friend (or complete stranger, for that matter) in a position to help me. I just need to remember that He is the one I should lean on.
Psalm 61
I rather like this psalm, it’s a very soothing prayer of praise.
Psalm 62
Yet another psalm about being assaulted by men. The abundance of these really make me think that I haven’t seen the worst of things. I pray that I never do, but am thankful that I can turn to God if and when the road gets tougher.
Romans 5
This chapter opens with a few verses that remind me to stay joyful even while suffering because it’s all part of the process that’s going to make me a better Christian. It’s definitely not easy to do though. I’ve been through some definite highs and lows in the last year, and I haven’t always maintained that level of joy. It’s easy to despair and convince myself of all manner of negative things. I need to remember that if I don’t find joy in the Lord even in my darkest hours, my witness is meaningless. I’m essentially showing people that yes, while God makes me happy in the good times, he does nothing for me in the bad. And that’s simply not true.
No comments:
Post a Comment